Valley Neighbors Services
Valley Neighbors Members can request help with a variety of tasks by trained and vetted neighborhood volunteers. Members, please call 413 453-9057 and leave a detailed message or send an email to services @ valleyneighbors.org. Please submit requests well in advance whenever possible. You will be contacted by a Valley Neighbors Coordinator by phone or e-mail to review all the details and confirm your request.
Valley Neighbors volunteers can assist with many typical needs, including:
Local rides within Franklin, Hampshire, and Hampden Counties.
You must be able to get in and out of the car with only minor assistance.
- Medical or professional appointments
- Town events
- Banking/Post Office
Light Home and Yard Needs
- Small housekeeping tasks
- Seasonal outdoor chores
- Replacing light bulbs
- Changing smoke alarm/CO2 detector batteries
- Mattress turning
- Window air conditioner installation/removal
- Telephone check-ins
- Friendly visits
- Community and Valley Neighbor gatherings
- Walking buddy
- Dog walking
- Assistance with mail
- Reading aloud (books, newspaper)
- Help with computer, smart phone, email, Internet, or software
- Set up of TVs, and other electronic devices